We welcome all volunteers here at Fishline!
Children and youth can contribute to Fishline in the following ways:
Families and children of all ages can…
- Become a Fishline Ambassador by participating in fundraising activities
- Become a Hunger Hero by holding a “kids for kids” food drive, or even a pet food drive!
- Help with the annual USPS Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive (usually the day before
- Volunteer in our garden to help grow produce for our market (food bank)
In our market…
- High-school-aged (14-17) volunteers are welcome to volunteer in the market (food bank) without a parent or guardian as long as
- 1) an adult other than a parent can attest to their ability to work independently (please attach such note to the application), and
- 2) the parent/guardian has given permission (by signing the application).
- High school-aged volunteers planning to earn less than 10 community service hours are exempt from orientation and training.
- Youth between 9-13 are welcome to volunteer in the market with an accompanying parent or guardian who has gone through our orientation and initial training.
- Children age 8 and under are welcome to participate in our annual USPS Food Drive help on the second Sunday in May. Teams of drivers collect food in the greater Poulsbo area. It’s brought back to the Fishline parking lot to be weighed and sorted. In the past, the atmosphere has been filled with food and fun! Children this age are also fabulous gardeners and grounds keepers.
In Second Season (our re-sale boutique)…
- High-school age youth (16 +) are welcome to help with our Super Saturday Sales (once per month).
Let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you’re interested in more information about any of the above volunteer opportunities!