August 13, 2021
Title: Client Services Coordinator
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Time Commitment: Full Time 32 hours/week
Compensation: $17.50 hour.
FLSA status: Non -Exempt
Job Location: Poulsbo, WA
Fishline Food Bank & Comprehensive Services is a nonprofit organization that has supported the critical needs of our community in North Kitsap County for over 50 years by providing food, emergency services and resources to transform lives. Our vision is a community where a safety net exists for all people, which includes adequate food, shelter, healthcare, and employment. We are a small but mighty staff serving nearly 18,000 of our Kitsap neighbors each year.
The Client Services Coordinator is an essential part of Fishline’s client services team, helping clients with their non-food related needs. The coordinator oversees the daily operations of Fishline’s support services such as birthday and Christmas gifts, school supplies, weekend food bags, free clothing, showers, and outdoor provisions. In addition, the coordinator works one day a week at the Compressive Services Center (CSC) answering phones, making appointments, and connecting clients to community resources. This is a fun, physically active, diverse, collaborative position, with a ton of variety. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: helping clients access Fishline services, organizing donations and inventory, supervising and training volunteers, referring to case managers when applicable, tracking outcomes, writing reports, and enhancing the quality of existing service.
The Client Services Coordinator will uphold and exemplify Fishline’s Culture of Respect by being a respectful, informed, welcoming liaison for clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates the day-to-day functions of Fishline’s support services such as overseeing volunteers, filling in when volunteers call out, sorting and hanging clothing, cleaning shower stalls, preparing birthday gifts, organizing inventory, and maintaining a safe workspace.
- Refers clients to additional support services such as case management, food, financial assistance, shelter, and bus tickets.
- Maintains an inventory list of in-kind donations and most-needed items and reports needs to the Client Services Manager.
- Completes weekly and monthly reports, tracks outcomes, and meets deadlines.
- Onboards and trains new volunteers. Offers daily support with the intention of building collaborative relationships, job satisfaction, and proper execution of services.
- Helps clients at the front desk by answering phones, scheduling appointments, registering for services, and making referrals to community resources.
- Attends weekly staff meetings as well as one-on-one meetings with the Client Services Manager.
- Maintains a safe working environment, including following all organizational COVID-19 protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Associates Degree plus one year of work experience or high school diploma plus two years of work experience
- Competent in Microsoft Suite, most notably Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Able to learn new software quickly
- Able to operate essential office equipment such as a scanner, copier, and laminator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Types 50 words per minute
- Able to stay on task
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to stay calm in challenging situations
- Team player
- Maintains healthy boundaries and self-care
- Able to bend, lift 40 lbs., stand or sit for up to 4 hours
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience working with volunteers and clients
- Experience in the social services industry
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
While indoors at our facility masks are required.