The Fishline Executive Director will be a high profile leader in the North Kitsap community, recognizing its role as a “go-to” organization for helping people. Reporting to the fifteen-member Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Fishline’s budget, programs and mission achievement. The ED leads seventeen staff and three hundred volunteers.
The ED will also be responsible for nurturing and strengthening relationships with the eleven partner agencies, providing wrap-around services, that have staff and program people co-located with Fishline in its primary location.
A key responsibility area for the ED is in fundraising and revenue development. Fishline is healthy financially with a 2022 budget of $4,111,103. Revenues come from a wide variety of sources including $618,000 from the Second Season Thrift Store and $1,320,000 of in-kind contributions to the food bank.
• Strong experience in managing a complex organization including staff and volunteer management OR
Leadership or senior management experience in a large, complex organization including staff and volunteer
• Excellent fundraising and marketing skills
• Excellent communication skills – written, interpersonal and public speaking
• Outstanding business acumen including a good understanding of nonprofit finance
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. Significant past experience and success may substitute.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS
• Both an operational and a strategic mindset
• Creative problem solver
• Rich people skills with a good sense of humor
• Flexible, adaptable, and patient
• High emotional intelligence
• Able to multi-task with energy and stamina
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Fishline is offering a solid compensation plan for the position. The salary range for the position is $115,000 to
$130,000. In 2023 Fishline is introducing an excellent employee benefits program including medical, dental, vision,
EAP and Telemedicine.
Interested? You can apply here!
Thank you for your interest in the
North Kitsap Fishline Executive Director position.
Please apply ASAP – The current closing date is December 9, 2022 but
Fishline reserves the right to accelerate the selection process.