Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services
January 1, 2022
Fishline Foodbank and Comprehensive Services is the leading provider of food and human services in North Kitsap. It is our continued desire to achieve professional excellence, pursue our mission of providing a safety net for North Kitsap residents, and attract and retain a high-quality workforce. Therefore, Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is committed to providing a competitive total compensation program that will contribute to our organization being viewed as a preferred employer within its operating areas.
To achieve these goals, Fishline’s mission and core values will guide us to:
- Believe in the power of possibilities
- Attract people with passion and keep that fire alive with laughter and positive reinforcement to create a work place where amazing things can happen
- Embrace the following ideals:
- Focus on performance
- Be effective stewards
- Drive efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Be equitable and responsive
- Value employees
- Be client focused and easy to do business with
- Be a rewarding place to work
We value the contributions of employees and are committed to recognizing exceptional achievements that go beyond the normal course of an employee’s job duties. Recognition awards may take many forms: a one-time cash awards, gift cards, public thanks and accolades, and other non-cash rewards.
An important component in any compensation package is the benefit program. We strive to promote a competitive, yet financially sustainable benefit program in support of our employees.
Fishline makes a tremendous impact and has an outstanding reputation in the community.
We care about our people and understand that everyone has strengths and weaknesses. At Fishline, employees are encouraged to play to their strengths, develop their creativity, and learn new skills. Our culture empowers each person to work collaboratively with other staff members in service of our mission and vision.
Fishline is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Market Lead
- Case Manager
- Customer Sales Associate (Second Season Thrift Store)
- Clinician (On-site with MCS Counseling Group)
See descriptions below. Please visit our volunteer page for volunteer opportunities.
Title: Market Lead
Reports: Market and Facilities Manager
Time Commitment: .5FTE 20 hours per week
Temp Status: Non-Exempt
Job Location: Poulsbo, WA
Fishline Food Bank & Comprehensive Services is a nonprofit organization that has supported the critical needs of our community in North Kitsap County for over 50 years by providing food, emergency services and resources to transform lives. Our vision is a community where a safety net exists for all people, which includes adequate food, shelter, healthcare, and employment. We are a small but mighty staff serving nearly 18,000 of our Kitsap neighbors each year.
The Market Lead will assist the Fishline Market and Facilities Manager (MFM) & the Food Bank Warehouse Assistant in performing all the daily operations related to the food bank/warehouse.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce gleaning
- Training volunteers
- Check in shoppers
- Check out shoppers
- Recording, weighing, sorting, stocking, and display of grocery rescue, incoming food drives, Northwest Harvest, Food Lifeline, Commodities, and individual donations.
- Assist with overseeing all health and safety protocols followed in the Market
- Assist drivers for daily and weekly grocery rescue pick-ups, home deliveries food drives, and incidental pick-ups
- Act as a backup driver when necessary
- Create and maintain a well-stocked, friendly, respectful Market environment
- Assist with tracking inventory, including stock rotation, organization, pacing, and purchasing.
- Ensure that all individual food donors are thanked and offered a receipt
- Other duties as assigned
- Uphold Fishline’s Culture of Respect by being a respectful, informed, welcoming liaison between clients, volunteers, staff, and donor/community of shared partners.
- Create a positive culture of teamwork within the Market, empowering volunteers to problem solve and serving as a mediator when needed
- Able to stay positive, calm, and focused in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Must be able to work with and motivate volunteers of all ages, personalities, and special needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Alignment with Fishline’s mission, vision, and values
- Desire to work with a diverse community
- Excellent driving record
- Clean background check
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of job, including lifting (50lbs), stooping, kneeling, and standing for prolonged periods of time
- 20 hours per week
- High School Diploma
- Forklift experience.
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Experience in a food bank environment
- Food Handlers Certification
- Experience driving a box truck
How to Apply:
Submit a resume on Indeed.
Fishline Case Manager
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Time Commitment: Full time, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm, Wednesdays 9:30-6:00pm
Compensation: 23.51/hour or the annual equivalent of $48,921.60
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Location: Poulsbo, WA
Fishline Food Bank & Comprehensive Services is a nonprofit organization that has supported the critical needs of our community in North Kitsap County for over 50 years by providing food, emergency services and resources to transform lives. We envision a community where a safety net exists for all people, which includes adequate food, shelter, healthcare, and employment. We are a small but mighty staff serving nearly 18,000 of our Kitsap neighbors each year.
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of struggling members of your community, then consider a position with Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services. The Fishline Case Manager works with our energetic client services team to educate, enroll, and advocate for residents of North Kitsap. You will support our clients with creating and implementing individualized strategies so that they may achieve goals that lead them on a path towards safety, self-sustainability and stability. This position requires an individual who is organized, tech savvy, a multi-tasker, calm under pressure, and able to deescalate issues when necessary. The case manager must be comfortable working with families and individuals that may be in crisis, suffer from mental illness, and/or are experiencing homelessness.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to determine appropriate services based on need, vulnerability, and sustainability.
- Assist clients in crisis and provide emergency services when needed.
- Create individualized plans for safety and stability.
- Provide referrals to partner agencies and community resources and help clients access these services by advocating on their behalf.
- Work in tandem with other social services providers to deliver a team-care approach aimed at long-term stability and improved client outcomes.
- Work in tandem with Fishline’s mental health counselor to improve clients’ quality of life
Reporting and Networking
- Maintain files and record activity as required in our client service database.
- Capture client stories, trends and outcomes for grants and program development.
- Prepare monthly reports as requested.
- Enter information into HMIS as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, most notably Excel and Teams, with the ability to learn new databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of Best-Practices (Trauma-Informed Care, ACEs, and Motivational Interviewing techniques)
- One year case management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Able to solve problems, make decisions, resolve conflicts, and actively listen.
- Educate clients in self-improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be compassionate but firm.
- Maintains confidentially at all times.
- An extensive knowledge of available community resources and a clear understanding of how to access these resources
- Comfortable working in a busy, unpredictable work environment
- Have a personal self-care routine that will contribute to a professional and healthy work culture.
- Must have the ability to cope well with clients experiencing trauma and see crises as opportunities to fulfil an unmet need.
To Apply: Please visit our Indeed advertisement and submit a cover letter. You will receive two assessments to complete.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.’
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.52 per hour
All personnel, volunteers, and staff are required to wear a mask.
Second Season Thrift Store
Position: Customer Sales Associate
Type: FT 40 hours/week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About Second Season:
Second Season is a thrift store that offers a second life to houseware, toys, and clothing donated by North Kitsap Community members. Located in Poulsbo, Washington, proceeds from the retail store are used to offset costs for Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services, which is a hub that provides food and access to resources that offer stability, improve health and well-being, and help people onto a path of self-sustainability.
The Customer Sales Associate will work directly with General Manager and Assistant Manager to support our store as we provide products at great value to the North Kitsap Community. The ideal candidate will have one year of retail experience, be looking to hone their customer service skills, and thrive in an unpredictable fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work independently and as a productive team member
- Able to operate a cash register
- Possess general math skills to allow for cash accounting
- Possess strong verbal communication skills to allow for the proper interaction with customers
- Able to lift/move materials in the 10–50-pound range
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must provide references
- Able to problem solve
- Open Availability
- Provide exceptional customer service and have our customer’s needs in mind while helping them find products.
- Multitask on cashier, sales, and merchandising responsibilities
- Respond quickly to customer requests and concerns
- Maintains security of all cash
- Maintains a pleasant, friendly, cooperative attitude with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and volunteers.
- Receives donations
- Adheres to our mutual culture of respect
Other duties as assigned. Work must be completed at Fishline’s main office, Work from home opportunities are not available with this position.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Health stipend
How to Apply:
Submit a resume on Indeed and take the assessments provided
Position: Clinician (On-site with MCS Counseling Group)
Fishline is adding a new service: free mental health counseling for our clients at our Poulsbo location. We are looking for a Master’s level therapist who wants to improve the lives of North Kitsap Community members? To read the full job description and apply for this clinician position, please submit your information to MCS Counseling Group, on Indeed by clicking here.