Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services
January 1, 2022
Fishline Foodbank and Comprehensive Services is the leading provider of food and human services in North Kitsap. It is our continued desire to achieve professional excellence, pursue our mission of providing a safety net for North Kitsap residents, and attract and retain a high-quality workforce. Therefore, Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is committed to providing a competitive total compensation program that will contribute to our organization being viewed as a preferred employer within its operating areas.
To achieve these goals, Fishline’s mission and core values will guide us to:
- Believe in the power of possibilities
- Attract people with passion and keep that fire alive with laughter and positive reinforcement to create a work place where amazing things can happen
- Embrace the following ideals:
- Focus on performance
- Be effective stewards
- Drive efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Be equitable and responsive
- Value employees
- Be client focused and easy to do business with
- Be a rewarding place to work
We value the contributions of employees and are committed to recognizing exceptional achievements that go beyond the normal course of an employee’s job duties. Recognition awards may take many forms: a one-time cash awards, gift cards, public thanks and accolades, and other non-cash rewards.
An important component in any compensation package is the benefit program. We strive to promote a competitive, yet financially sustainable benefit program in support of our employees.
Fishline makes a tremendous impact and has an outstanding reputation in the community.
We care about our people and understand that everyone has strengths and weaknesses. At Fishline, employees are encouraged to play to their strengths, develop their creativity, and learn new skills. Our culture empowers each person to work collaboratively with other staff members in service of our mission and vision.
Fishline is hiring for the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator. See the job description and instructions to apply below.
Please visit our volunteer page for volunteer opportunities.
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Development Manager
Time Commitment: Full time, 40-hours per week
Hourly wage range: $23.00 – $25.00/hr.
Please apply by submitting your application materials on Indeed here.
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a position with Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services. As a Marketing/Project Communication Coordinator, you will play an integral role in shaping Fishline’s digital communications across multiple channels, including social media, search platforms, websites, print, and email marketing. This role will work collaboratively with the Development Manager, Executive Director, staff, and the Board of Directors to implement a robust communications strategy to inform Fishline’s clients, volunteers, and donors of existing and new services available in North Kitsap. The ideal candidate is relationship-oriented, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to juggle many priorities, and consistently shows up on time with creative ideas and a positive attitude. The position requires someone who has excellent marketing and design skills; is confident with all forms of communication, tech-savvy, and willing to adapt to fulfill to the needs of the organization in the moment.
- Creative design
- Experience using multiple platforms
- Outstanding copy writing and editing skills, with the ability to work in all forms of media (print, digital, and video)
- Able to work both independently and as a productive member of a team
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Able to organize work and successfully handle a wide range of projects simultaneously
Duties & Responsibilities:
Public Relations and Marketing
- Design and create targeted content for biweekly e-news blasts for three separate audiences.
- Manage social media content strategy and posting.
- Manage visual assets – coordinate video and photo shoots.
- Maintain our media database.
- Administer marketing calendar. Monitor schedules, production and distribution arrangements and other details to ensure timely completion and quality control
- Write articles and develop the layout for our quarterly printed newsletter “The Current”
- Keep current on the successes, challenges, and priorities of all Fishline programs and operations to accurately describe them to constituents
- Provide support for the planning and execution of events within the organization (including but not limited to the annual fundraiser, Kitsap Great Give, Giving Tuesday, Food Drives, and community outreach activities)
- Generate press releases, media alerts, op-eds, and other copy for publication in North Kitsap outlets
- Maintain and develop relationships with local businesses, civic groups, and the faith community to nurture their connection to our organization
- Maintain and update fishlinehelps.org website using WordPress
- Attend weekly meetings with Fishline’s Executive Director and Development Manager to discuss donor status and necessary project/work needs
- Collaborate with Fishline’s Development Manager on all donor acknowledgement letters, and all printed and digital materials to support gift cultivation
- Develop and promote sales events at Second Season Thrift Store
- Manage public relations and communications for Fishline hosted events
- Coordinate with staff, leadership, and volunteers to ensure successful off-site and/or digital events
- Collaborate on donor appreciation and engagement events
- In collaboration with the Market Manager, support food drive events
Other duties as assigned.
Work must be completed at Fishline’s main office and cannot be achieved remotely.
Fishline is committed to recruiting a welcoming team that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. An offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations, or related field
- 2-5 years of related experience, preferably with a small organization, media company or non-profit
- Video production experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in the following platforms – Auctria, Canva, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Microsoft Office, WordPress and Photoshop Multilingual candidates encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
Submit a resume through our listing on Indeed here and complete the two assessments. Applications with incomplete assessments will not be considered. Prior to an interview Fishline will request samples of previously published work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
All our employees have been vaccinated.
Work Location: One location