Our vision is a community where a safety net exists for all people, which includes adequate food, shelter, healthcare and employment.
In 2019, we served approximately 3500 households distributing nearly 1,120,000 pounds of food. Our new 15,000 square foot facility includes a grocery-store style market for those needing our food bank services on the first floor, and a Comprehensive Services Center (CSC) on the second floor which brings together the best providers of basic human services under the same roof for the first time in Kitsap County. Working cooperatively, our new CSC addresses client issues at their root, helping clients move out of a need for services and onto stable lives.
Fishline is hiring a Case Manager and Communications & Marketing Coordinator. See description below. Please visit our volunteer page for volunteer opportunities.
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Time Commitment: Full time, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm, Wednesdays 9:30-6:00pm
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Location: Poulsbo, WA
The Fishline Case Manager works with our energetic client services team to educate, enroll, and case manage struggling residents of North Kitsap. You will support our clients with creating and implementing individualized strategies so that they may achieve goals that lead them on a path towards safety, self-sustainability and stability. The Case Manager also provides clients with assistance in accessing community resources through our partner agencies and government programs. You will be responsible for overseeing and contributing to documentation regarding status and concerns to support communication and care coordination between staff. This position requires an individual who is organized, tech savvy, a multi-tasker, calm under pressure, and able to deescalate issues when necessary. The case manager must be comfortable working with families and individuals that may be in crisis, suffer from mental illness, and/or are experiencing homelessness.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to determine appropriate services based on need, vulnerability, and sustainability.
- Assist clients in crisis and provide emergency services when needed.
- Create individualized plans for safety and stability.
- Provide referrals to partner agencies and community resources and help clients access these services by advocating on their behalf.
- Work in tandem with other social services providers to deliver a team-care approach aimed at long-term stability and improved client outcomes.
- Work in tandem with Fishline’s mental health counselor to improve clients’ quality of life
Reporting and Networking
- Maintain files and record activity as required in our client service database.
- Capture client stories, trends and outcomes for grants and program development.
- Prepare monthly reports as requested.
- Enter information into HMIS as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, most notably Excel and Teams, with the ability to learn new databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of Best-Practices (Trauma-Informed Care, ACEs, and Motivational Interviewing techniques)
- One year case management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Able to solve problems, make decisions, resolve conflicts, and actively listen.
- Educate clients in self-improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be compassionate but firm.
- Maintains confidentially at all times.
- An extensive knowledge of available community resources and a clear understanding of how to access these resources
- Comfortable working in a busy, unpredictable work environment
- Have a personal self-care routine that will contribute to a professional and healthy work culture.
- Must have the ability to cope well with clients experiencing trauma and see crises as opportunities to fulfil an unmet need.
To Apply: Please visit this job listing on Indeed to submit a cover letter and complete two assessments.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Time Commitment: Full time- 40 hours per week
Hourly wage range: DOE
Application deadline: October 25, 2021
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors to plan, coordinate, and administer all aspects of marketing, community outreach, and donor engagement for Fishline. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to juggle many priorities, and consistently shows up with constructive ideas and a positive attitude. S/he is relationship-oriented, and able to build strong connections both on this team and within the broader community. This position requires someone who is a Bonafede Jack or Jill of all trades: confident with all forms of communication, super tech-savvy, and willing to adapt in order to fulfill to the needs of the organization in the moment. S/he possesses a growth mindset and is committed to carrying out Fishline’s mission and vision. If this sounds like you, please read on for more details about the position.
- Able to both work independently and as a productive member of a team
- Able to both see the big-picture and zero in on the details
- Able to organize work and successfully handle a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Able to express ideas verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Able to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
Duties & Responsibilities:
Public Relations and Marketing
- Generate email marketing campaigns via Mailchimp software
- Responsible for bringing together all the pieces of our printed and digitally distributed quarterly newsletter “The Current”. Next issue is scheduled for release in November 2021
- Write and edit stories for monthly e-newsletters in addition to quarterly print newsletter
- Keep current on the successes, challenges, and priorities of all Fishline programs and operations in order to accurately describe them to constituents through varying mediums
- Co-create and implement a public relations framework, plan, and timeline
- Generate press releases, media alerts, op-eds, and other copy for publication in North Kitsap outlets
- Oversee and direct all media production and general branding for Fishline and its programs
- Maintain and develop relationships with local businesses, civic groups, and the faith community in order to nurture their connection to our organization
- Co-create and implement a comprehensive annual development plan, outlining detailed campaigns for varying constituent groups
- Lead weekly meetings with Fishline’s Executive Director and Executive Assistant to discuss donor status and necessary project/work needs to continue donor cultivation
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, build and maintain relationships with major donors as appropriate and identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding
- Collaborate with Fishline’s Executive Assistant on all donor acknowledgement letters, and all printed and digital materials to support gift cultivation
- Create and/or update all printed and digital materials to support gift cultivation
- Keep up-to-date on fundraising best practices
- Manage all public relations and communications for Fishline hosted events
- Coordinate with staff, leadership, and volunteers to ensure successful off-site and/or digital events
- Develop and implement donor appreciation and engagement events
- In collaboration with the Market Manager, support food drive events
Other duties as assigned. Work must be completed at Fishline’s main office, Work from Home opportunities are not available with this position.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field
- 2-5 years of related experience, preferably with a small organization or non-profit
- 1-2 years of experience with graphic design and publishing software (i.e. Publisher, InDesign, Canva, etc.)
- Video production experience a plus
- Experience with writing Press Releases, articles, copy writing
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- WordPress or related website experience required
- Experience and contacts in Kitsap County a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge with AI marketing, audience segmentation, customer data analysis is a plus
- Multilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter through our listing on Indeed and complete the two assessments.