Please visit the follow links for additional local information: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Links & Resources, Kitsap County County Emergency Operations Center Links & Resources
The past two weeks have been a crazy time at Fishline, where we experienced our first positive case of COVID-19 in the Market. We are proud of our track record over the past eleven months, where we served thousands of community members during a pandemic, and remained COVID free.
In response to notification of a positive test, we immediately closed our facilities and contacted all volunteers who may have been exposed and consulted the Kitsap Health Department and ensured that we were following the CDC guidelines.
Our friends at ServPro showed up on a moment’s notice to deep clean all of our facilities. We want to send out a special thank you to the thirty-two new volunteers and many of our regular volunteers who answered the call for help. These super heroes helped feed close to 400 families this past week!
We worried about our volunteers and co-workers, who were in quarantine, hoping that none of them would get sick. The good news is no one did. Our staff have all tested negative for COVID-19 and we have heard the same from many of our volunteers who may have been exposed.
The volunteer who contracted COVID is on the mend, and we wish them a speedy recovery.
To alleviate future outbreaks, we have decided to update some of our policies. Here are the changes:
- To prevent cross contamination: All Fishline Volunteers will be asked to volunteer at only one program and one shift per week. (for example; only at Second Season or only in the Market).
- There will be a 15-minute window between shift changes to reduce exposure. Please be prepared to leave your shift on time, unless it is as the end of the day.
- It is recommended to double up on masks to reduce exposure.
- We are updating contact information for all volunteers and expect them to complete a volunteer Emergency Contact Form and return it to the Volunteer Manager by February 15, 2021.
Fishline COVID-19 Policies:
- You are required to wear a mask at all times and practice mandated six feet social distance guidelines.
- Volunteers must sign a waiver and check your temperature at the beginning of each shift.
- Review/sign and adhere to our COVID-19 Safety and Health Guidelines for Volunteers
- We ask volunteers who may be at risk or not feeling well to stay home and take care of themselves. If you need to cancel or change your shift, email: Volunteer@fishlinehelps.org.
- We strongly recommend those with an underlying medical health condition (visit the CDC for more information.) not to volunteer at this time.
- According to the CDC and Kitsap Health department guidelines quarantining for 14 days is the safest option if you have been exposed someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Those who volunteered on 1/12, 1/14 and/or on 1/19 are asked to quarantine for 14 days and to contact your provider for additional guidance.
- If you need to get tested, please visit the following links for site locations:
For those who are wondering about when Fishline staff or volunteers will be eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccination. Fishline is following the CDC guidelines. To learn more please visit:
The team is providing their services remotely. For those who do not have a telephone there are staff available to assist on-site. Additionally, we are only allowing one family in the lobby at a time.
Has changed their shifts to not overlap and to reduce the possible exposure.
Monday & Friday
- 1st shift 8am-11:30am
- 2nd shift 11:45am-4:15pm
Wednesdays (2 additional shifts)
- 3rd shift 12:30pm-3pm
- 4th shift 3:30pm-6:30pm
Is open from 10am to 5pm Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
We receive donations at the old Fishline building on Viking (behind the new Fishline building) Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am until 2pm.
Fresh Start Shower Program: Operating: Mondays & Fridays 10am-2pm; Wednesdays 12pm-4pm.
Upcoming Closure Dates: Monday, February 15th in observance of President’s Day
I would be happy to answer any questions you have or just say Hi! I can be reached at:
For a printable copy of this announcement, please click here.