Employee, volunteer and client safety are priorities for Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services. Work closures, delays and early dismissals due to weather, road conditions, and power outages are always a possibility during periods of inclement weather. These guidelines outline when closures or delays will be implemented and outline how Fishline will notify employees, volunteers, and the community when this occurs.
The Management Team will monitor National Weather Service advisories for possible changes in conditions and weather-related events. When inclement weather is forecast, the following factors will determine if the predicted impacts to Fishline will warrant the need for closures, delays, or early dismissals:
- Onsite Cameras
- Road Conditions Report from Kitsap PUD
- Weather Forecasts, School Closures
- Potential for Power Outages
- Local media
In the event of a closure or delay, all efforts will be made to notify employees, volunteers, and clients via email by 6:00AM. These notification efforts assume that you have access to electricity and internet and/or phone service. Communications staff will also place any closure information on the Fishline Website, the Facebook Page, and Twitter to warn clients and volunteers.
Please use common sense to assess the safety and practicality of the situation. In a regional power outage, for example, Fishline is likely to have no power.
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Time Commitment: Full time- 40 hours per week
Hourly wage range: DOE
Application deadline: October 25, 2021
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors to plan, coordinate, and administer all aspects of marketing, community outreach, and donor engagement for Fishline. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to juggle many priorities, and consistently shows up with constructive ideas and a positive attitude. S/he is relationship-oriented, and able to build strong connections both on this team and within the broader community. This position requires someone who is a Bonafede Jack or Jill of all trades: confident with all forms of communication, super tech-savvy, and willing to adapt in order to fulfill to the needs of the organization in the moment. S/he possesses a growth mindset and is committed to carrying out Fishline’s mission and vision. If this sounds like you, please read on for more details about the position.
- Able to both work independently and as a productive member of a team
- Able to both see the big-picture and zero in on the details
- Able to organize work and successfully handle a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Able to express ideas verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Able to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
Duties & Responsibilities:
Public Relations and Marketing
- Generate email marketing campaigns via Mailchimp software
- Responsible for bringing together all the pieces of our printed and digitally distributed quarterly newsletter “The Current”. Next issue is scheduled for release in November 2021
- Write and edit stories for monthly e-newsletters in addition to quarterly print newsletter
- Keep current on the successes, challenges, and priorities of all Fishline programs and operations in order to accurately describe them to constituents through varying mediums
- Co-create and implement a public relations framework, plan, and timeline
- Generate press releases, media alerts, op-eds, and other copy for publication in North Kitsap outlets
- Oversee and direct all media production and general branding for Fishline and its programs
- Maintain and develop relationships with local businesses, civic groups, and the faith community in order to nurture their connection to our organization
- Co-create and implement a comprehensive annual development plan, outlining detailed campaigns for varying constituent groups
- Lead weekly meetings with Fishline’s Executive Director and Executive Assistant to discuss donor status and necessary project/work needs to continue donor cultivation
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, build and maintain relationships with major donors as appropriate and identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding
- Collaborate with Fishline’s Executive Assistant on all donor acknowledgement letters, and all printed and digital materials to support gift cultivation
- Create and/or update all printed and digital materials to support gift cultivation
- Keep up-to-date on fundraising best practices
- Manage all public relations and communications for Fishline hosted events
- Coordinate with staff, leadership, and volunteers to ensure successful off-site and/or digital events
- Develop and implement donor appreciation and engagement events
- In collaboration with the Market Manager, support food drive events
Other duties as assigned. Work must be completed at Fishline’s main office, Work from Home opportunities are not available with this position.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field
- 2-5 years of related experience, preferably with a small organization or non-profit
- 1-2 years of experience with graphic design and publishing software (i.e. Publisher, InDesign, Canva, etc.)
- Video production experience a plus
- Experience with writing Press Releases, articles, copy writing
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- WordPress or related website experience required
- Experience and contacts in Kitsap County a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge with AI marketing, audience segmentation, customer data analysis is a plus
- Multilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter through our listing on Indeed and complete the two assessments.
Fishline’s indoor grocery-store style shopping market is open again! Each household will be able to shop once a week inside our facility and select their own grocery items.
New indoor market hours are:
-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 11am-4pm
– Wednesday: 1pm-6pm
When Fishline’s market reopens, every household will receive 10 commodities and free produce. The amount of grocery items and protein will depend on the number of points you are allotted.
1-2 Family Members = 15 points
3-4 Family Members = 20 points
5-6 Family Members = 25 points
7 + Family Members = 30 points
Fishline wants to keep our volunteers, clients, and staff healthy and ensure a pleasant experience for all here. To that end, we will be requiring all individuals to wear a mask while inside our facility and will require social distancing protocols whenever possible. A maximum of 10 individuals will be allowed in the store at one time; each will be allowed to shop for 30 minutes. Please follow the directional arrows while in the market.
Please note that as of Monday, July 26, 2021 this announcement supersedes all previous policies.
Fishline Food Bank and Comprehensive Services is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our employees, volunteers, and clients. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplace and that requires full cooperation among our volunteers, staff, board, and clients that we serve. Only through this concerted effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our workers and our workplace.
On Monday, July 26th, Kitsap Public Health District released a joint statement here from local health officers recommending masks in indoor public spaces. We here at Fishline will require anyone inside of the Annex, market, Comprehensive Services Center (CSC), or Second Season to wear a mask, effective immediately. This step will reduce the risk of COVID-19 to the public including clients, partner agencies, staff, and volunteers and help decrease the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant.
Thank you for helping us all remain healthy and safe.
Fishline Executive Director
Click here for a printable PDF version of this announcement.